Do you need an experienced Dodge lemon attorney on your side in California? Contact us at Seven Law Group today to schedule a consultation.
Free case evaluation
Fill out the form below to get started!
Hero Contact Form
"*" indicates required fields
I understand that this is an advertisement. By submitting this form I have not established an attorney client relationship until I have retained Seven Law Group, APC to represent me against the manufacture of my vehicle.
What Is a Lemon?
Lemons are cars that have issues or defects that decrease the safety, utility, or value of the vehicles for consumers.
Under California’s lemon laws, you may be allowed a refund for returning the vehicle, a cash settlement while allowing the customer to keep the car, or a suitable trade-in car or truck to replace the vehicle.
What Dodge Vehicle Models Have Lemon Law Claims?
Dodge lemons include several models of Dodge vehicles, including:
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Dodge Durango
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Journey
- Dodge Dart
- Dodge Ram
You have approximately seven years to file a lemon law claim against Dodge based on the year of your model. Your ability to file a claim also depends on the number of repair attempts or the total cumulative time your vehicle spends in the repair shop as you try to fix the issue.
What Are Common Dodge Defects?
Common issues with Dodge vehicles include:
- Brakes and rotors
- Electrical issues
- Faulty airbags
- Suspension issues
- Vibration from the motor or transmission
- Engine overheating
- Check engine light problems
- Sensor malfunctions
- Power steering failure
While some of these Dodge lemon problems require more frequent repairs, some of these issues present a real safety concern for consumers. These vehicles can place drivers, passengers, and other motorists in danger of an accident every time they’re on the road.
What Do You Need to File a Claim Under the Lemon Law?
If you have a Dodge lemon, how do you know when it’s time to file a claim? There are a few things to know and watch for, including:
- Taking your car to an outside mechanic shop rather than the Dodge dealership can void the warranty.
- Make sure the dealer notes in your file that you’re returning to repair the same issue as a previous visit.
- You can file a claim based on a subjective “reasonable number of repair attempts” or if your vehicle has been in the shop for over 30 days.
- Lemon laws apply to vehicles repaired during the warranty period, and you can file a claim if your warranty has since expired.
For help with your lemon claim, contact our team at Seven Law Group, APC, for a consultation.
What Does California’s Lemon Law Include for Compensation?
Lemon laws in CA include three options to compensate consumers for lemon cars. If you have a Dodge-brand lemon, you could be eligible for:
- Buyback for a refund of the Dodge vehicle by the manufacturer when you bring your car or truck back. The value will include any expenses from trying to fix your Dodge vehicle, including tow trucks, rental cars, shop costs, payments already made on your auto loan, and the remaining balance of your loan or lease.
- Full vehicle replacement for a similar vehicle free from defects.
- Cash settlement for the costs of owning the lemon while allowing you to keep the vehicle to sell, trade-in, or drive.
Filing a Dodge lemon law claim doesn’t automatically mean you’re guaranteed compensation for purchasing a lemon. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you gather the documentation you need for your claim.
Top manufacturers that are subject to the Lemon Law in California.